If you’re looking to download casino and betting apps on your mobile device, you may find that many of them aren’t on platforms like Google Play Store. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t download any real money gaming apps on your device. You’ll just need to download one from the official site of a casino or bookie of your choice.
You can always check honest review sites like TheTopBookies to know the best betting bookies in India. And if your choice doesn’t have an app you can download on either Play Store or App Store, we’re here to help you with that so keep on reading!
Why are Some Betting Apps Not Available on Google Play Store?
Google had restrictions in place on betting apps until last year. However, even if the restrictions are lifted, many betting companies are still not on this platform. Right now, Google allows real-money gambling apps, ads related to real-money gambling, and loyalty programs with gamified outcomes. Even daily fantasy sports apps could also be allowed on the platform.
Gambling apps are only allowed to be on the Play Store if the casino or bookie is licensed. However, depending on your location, these apps may be allowed with limitations. For example, in Australia, only Sports betting and lotteries are allowed and not casinos.\
Also Read: Guest posting sites
According to Google, apps should be able to meet the following requirements to be allowed on the platform:
- The developer must complete the application process
- The company must comply with all applicable laws and industry standards for each country where it is distributed
- The operator should have a valid gambling license for each country or state/territory where the app is distributed
- The operator is not allowed to offer gambling services that exceed the scope of its license
- The app must prevent under-age users from using the app
- The app must prevent access and use from countries, states/territories, or the geographic areas not covered by the developer-provided gambling license
- The app must NOT be purchasable as a paid app on Google Play, nor use Google Play In-app Billing
- The app must be rated AO (Adult Only) or IARC equivalent
- The app and its app listing must display information about responsible gambling.
Based on the changes that Google Play Store implemented last year, gambling apps are now allowed in 19 countries which are the following:
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- The United States
How to Download a Betting App
Even if the app you want to install is not on Play Store or even the Apple App Store, installation is quite easy. We highly recommend that you only download a betting app from the official site of a bookie. There are third-party platforms that also have these apps available but to ensure your online safety, only download the official app.
Here are the easy to follow steps when installing a betting app on an Android device:
- Using your mobile phone, go to the official download page of the app of your choice
- Choose the Android “apk” file and download it
- After downloading, tap on the file and hit “Install”
- There may be a notification that you need to permit to install the app from unknown sources. If you receive this, just check the box to enable installation from unknown sources and once that’s done, you can go ahead and tap on “Install” again.
- If there’s none, just wait for the installation to finish and you’re good to go.
Note that you can enable or disable the installation of apps from unknown sources anytime. Just go to your phone settings and tap on Security. Look for “Unknown Sources” and tick the box to “allow installation from unknown sources”.
This is something you won’t have to go through if you have an iPhone or any iOS device. If the app is not on the App Store, just go to the official site where you can download it. Once the download is finished, you can just install the app right away.
Some of the Best Betting Apps You Should Try
More and more people are now downloading betting and casino apps because of convenience. Here are some of the popular betting apps this 2022 that you may want to try out:
- 10CRIC – Best for cricket betting and live casinos
- Bet365 – Betting expert since 2000
- Betway – Offers live and regular casino and sports betting